Wednesday 12 November 2014

textiles peices

These pieces are my finale pieces that I made in A-level textiles in 2nd year. I just thought these were good examples of some work ive done.
 
 
My first module was about mythical creatures:
 


This is a dress inspired by a dragon

This dress is inspired by a phoenix,
I also made wings for this dress











This is a dress inspired by a mummy

 
 



 








My second module was an exam module and I picked the question about how media portrays body image, so I picked a very sensitive topic of anorexia:


The dress on the left is a dress that I originally took photos of when all the words and pictures to do with anorexia were projecting on using a light box. The dress on the right is a t-shirt that has paper mache bones underneath to represent the un healthy look.

The dress underneath was a dress inspired by the skeleton to show that when you punish your body this is what you show off.












No comments:

Post a Comment