Wednesday 10 December 2014

lion king show

I absolutely love the lion king Disney film so when I got the chance to see the live show I took it! I thought the show was amazing and the costumes were so good as well, especially the costumes that represent animals. I am disappointed with the size of the stage they had to perform on because it was so small and I thought it would have made a bigger impact in a bigger London theatre.

The costumes were the main focus that interested me so i am going to do some research on the costume designer:

http://www.thelionking.co.uk/cast-and-creative/

Julie Taymor is the Director, Costume designer, and the Mask/Puppet co-designer. She won the 1998 Tony award for best direction of a musical and for Best costumes for the Lion King. She an academy award nominated director of theatre, opera and Film. Some of her films include Across the universe (2007) and Frida (2002).

I Love the costumes in this show as the animal ones are all puppets operated by humans as part of the costumes.

 


The operating of these shows the movement of Lions.

No comments:

Post a Comment