Wednesday 1 April 2015

Newcastle Film and Comic Con 2015

This year at Newcastle comic con I went as a gentleman from buffy, and also dressed a friend up as a vampire from buffy.

Genderbend Gentlemen:
My makeup was all done with face paint and I was very happy with the outcome. I took inspiration off a video from pinkstylist which I will put below, but I did it with a twist of a gender bend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF0qvPFuKvg


The first picture is the first attempt I had at doing the makeup. I feet like this one looks different to the one I did on the day but I think the one I did on the day looks better. I was happy with how this turned out however it isn't the full look.















 
 


 This photo was took before I put the contacts in for the actual comic con. The lighting made the face look yellow but its not. I added contouring to the neck and also back tatted my hair back, and put white and black hairspray in it to make it look old and tatty. This made it look good and showed that it was a gender bend of the character.

 
 


This photo is the finished look completed with contacts and the suit. I got the contacts from the magic box in Newcastle for £8 pounds I think. The suit was just some stuff I had already. I really liked how the finished look turned out! Also since it was a genderbend I wore a skirt.









This last picture is just to show off really! I met James Marsters on the day and he complemented mine and my friends makeup that I did! yay!







Vampire Makeup
This photo is of the vampire makeup I did for my friend for Newcastle comic con! I made a prosthetic appliance to create the 'angry' eyebrow look and stuck it on with mastix. I then sealed the edges with liquid latex to make them smoother and then painted the face and prosthetic a matching colour. I then contoured the cheekbones and shaded in the areas like the eyes and the forehead to show depth then the look was finished off by adding yellow contacts!






The two completed looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment