Wednesday 18 March 2015

My makeup kit so far

There are a lot of expensive materials you can get, but you can create some pretty decent effects with the basics like liquid latex, tissue/cotton wool and basic face makeup or paints. It is always useful to have concealers, foundations, eye shadows etc. on hand as they can come in very useful. This is how I started off but since I have started getting more into I have started to build up my kit with better products. I started off with liquid latex, which is really cheap stuff and you can get it off amazon and ebay and in Halloween shops but you can use it for anything, but make sure you get the one that is suitable for faces.

The next thing I got was a kit by mehron for £109 pound off amazon.co.uk (sometimes it is £99 pound). This kit includes a lot of essential stuff. This a great start to a kit, but some products you get are really small bottles of the stuff.

Whats in the kit:
  • 8 Color Palette Includes: 3 Mask Covers & 5 Color Cup Colors
  • 4.5 oz. Liquid Latex Clear
  • 1 oz. Squirt Blood
  • Large Powder Puff
  • 2 oz. 3-D Clear Gel
  • Stage Blood
  • 0.5 oz. Coagulated Blood
  • 1 oz. Barrier Spray • Crepe Hair
  • 3 Full Size Stageline Makeup Brushes
  • Colorset Powder
  • 1 oz. Makeup Remover Lotion
  • 1 oz. Brush Cleaner
  • 1 oz. Spirit Gum Remover
  • Spirit Gum
  • Tooth FX Blood Red
  • Tooth FX Nicotine
  • Rigid Collodion
  • Fixative A
  • 1 oz. Hair White
  • Modeling Putty/Wax
  • Extra Flesh
  • Bruise ColorRing
  • Stipple Sponge
  • Non Latex Sponge
  • Cotton Swabs 
  • 2 Prosthetic Bullet Holes and 1 Prosthetic Wound
  • Application Guide - Special Effects
As I said this kit is good, but some products are very small so it is just a starter to my kit. the paints are a good size though including the bruise wheel. I was expecting a bigger box for the price, but I do think its worth it.

Link to kit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mehron-Special-All-pro-Makeup-Kit/dp/B00GS8GJ6C/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1426725570&sr=8-7&keywords=mehron

I have also just ordered some more products. I ordered sculpt gel and also the bloody marvellous starter kit for wound fillers, these products were expensive but they are amazing to work with. I think good products are always worth the expense if you are serious about makeup. I bought both these products off ebay although there are different websites you can buy them from.

I also bought a snazaroo facepaint starter kit as I want to start practising with facepaint. you get 6 colours and a few other things for £24 off amazon which is amazing value as snazaroo facepaint pots on their own are about £3/£4 pound each. I also bought the wolfe FX essentials paint pallete to get a range of colours, and I've heard they are very good to use. They are just grease based paints but for now they will do the job as alcohol activated paints tend to be much more expensive. The wolfe FX one cost me £25 which is reasonable. I do tend to look on sites like ebay and amazon just because you can always find a deal, but there are may other websites you can buy these products from. Below are some links to the products that I bought.

Bloody marvellous kit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251866922027?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Skin Sculpt gel: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221668540379?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Snazaroo starter kit: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000Y17NNM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Wolfe FX palette: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00886E6RG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00


I also bought a good makeup bag, and some makeup brushes. makeup brushes and things like cotton buds, lolly stick and tooth picks are all good products to have on hand. Plus the makeup bag helps keep everything together, eventually I want a holdall that I can wheel round for ease.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
I also always have alginate and plaster of paris, modroc and clay on hand for casts because I have started doing prosthetic appliances. You can get all different kinds of alginate, fast setting and slow setting, so just do a bit of research before buying one as it might not be suitable for what your doing.

So all this above is what I have in my kit and I have only just started. I have spent a lot but im not finished yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment